When adding a 30 to the grade book and you see the final grade go up.
I’ve seen this happen when putting in a 20%. It makes me really sad and angry at the same time.
Yup. Had this happen today, putting in Fs and seeing grades go up. (on the plus side, some students are failing slightly less than they were)
You are the worst person.
You can be a vegan and whine at people, that’s hurting nobody but when you tell people to not take vaccines, you’re endangering public health.
If YOU mixed mercury, aluminium phosphate, ammonium sulfate, formaldehyde and viruses and injected it into someone, you’d kill someone because you have no pharmacological experience.
If someone in a lab mixed those together, they know how they work. They have medically assessed and peer reviewed evidence and strict guidelines to follow to create a safe and effective product. Why is it legal? Because they know what they’re doing and know how to spell “phosphate” and “ammonium”.
Why don’t YOU educate yourself instead of subscribing to the notion that all scientists are evil and want to poison you or your natural, vegan lifestyle? I say this as a fucking IMMUNOLOGIST: you are single-handedly responsible for the skyrocketing resurgence of deaths caused by TB, measles and the worrying prospect of smallpox returning.
Let’s break this one down and give you some education.
- Mercury is an element in the compound thiomersal which was part of many vaccines. It has been claimed with NO tangible evidence other than a multifaceted correlation that thiomersals cause autism. This has been investigated thoroughly and no causal link has been found.
- Aluminium phosphate is an aluminium salt which is used as an adjuvant in vaccines. An adjuvant is a compound which causes an immune response to be higher and stronger, so that the immune system comes into contact with the attenuated virus more, so that it can recognise the antigens of the virus and provide immunity. They are a necessary part of the vaccine if you want it to work well.
- Ammonium sulfate is used in the process of purifying the proteins in the synthesis of a vaccine. It is also found in bread and flour, so you’d better learn to enjoy rice if you want to avoid it.
- Formaldehyde is used in the treatment and purification of vaccines and stops contamination. Most of this is removed before the vaccines are shipped, although some remains.
In my personal and scientifically backed opinion, the war against disease is a hundred fold more important than the mum-led war against vaccines. Do you want your child to die a slow, painful, agonising death? If not, then shut the fuck up with your so called “facts” you got from Yahoo Answers and get your kid vaccinated.
I am going to sound derogatory, but if you don’t have formal education in at least biology, you have no role to talk about the way vaccines should be done. You have no idea of the actual function and mechanism in which they work. What you have is a vague knowledge that mercury used to make people mad, formaldehyde is used in embalming and that ammonium sulfate and aluminium phosphate sound scary.
Vaccinate your kids if you want them to live. End of story. If you don’t then you clearly don’t love your kids and would prefer to see them die of completely preventable diseases.
This has been a rage filled, alcohol induced response from a scientist.
Yeah, this was definitely worth a fresh reblog.
Ben & Jerry’s Baked Alaska Sundae:
(makes 1 serving)
- Your favorite cookie, frozen in the freezer for 20-30 minutes
- 1 scoop of your favorite Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Marshmallow spread (enough to cover the ice cream)
- Add a rounded scoop of your favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream to a frozen cookie, then put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 C).
- When ice cream and cookie are frozen, completely cover the ice cream with a layer of marshmallow Fluff.
- Keep in the freezer for 30 minutes or until you are ready to bake.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, or until the fluff starts to brown. This can also be done with a brulee torch if you have one. Enjoy!
WHAT WHAT WHAT
OMG OMG OMG
Spot on. I want to share this with everyone who has told me that I’m “too smart to be a teacher” and that I should “go to law school to do something that’s actually important” with my life.
Worth the read.
I needed to see this, especially this weekend. Great read.
There’s one week left in the current trimester. I decided to change a lot of my management system in the new tri and started making changes in my classroom on Friday. Now that I’ve been in this classroom for about 7 months, I’m starting to understand what would make the day-to-day functions more effective. Hence, the changes. I’ll post pics and more details later.
Meanwhile, I think some of my kids are starting to feel the end of the tri laziness. But most are still doing great. This is one group that I would be sad to lose at the end of next week. In fact, I wouldn’t mind having the exact same group of kids (with a few exceptions) for next tri.
I’m trying to be less of the purple guy… it’s starting to look better. :)
I needed this today.
I certainly have been channeling the purple guy for a few weeks now.
Definitely purple. Minus some of the hair since I’ve torn it all out.